The cemetery at Bouncers Lane was originally opened in 1867 and is currently just under 70 acres in size. It has dedicated areas for burials of multi faith groups and also lovely gardens of remembrance for cremated remains and various memorial options. The site is classed as a grade II listed park.
The gardens of remembrance are provided for the dignified and reverent disposal of cremation ashes and are planted with trees and shrub beds. Two ponds, one formal with a fountain, add to the tranquility of the gardens.
A natural stream, flowing from the foot of the hills, winds its way through the gardens where it is crossed by the Cotswold stone foot bridges. All floral tributes are removed seven days after the cremation service to ensure that a high standard is maintained in the gardens.
Appointments can be made to witness the scattering of the remains. Families may wish to engage the services of a minister for the simple ceremony. Cremated remains may also be removed for the family’s own private disposal.
However, please note: If the cremated remains are to be buried in a grave or scattered in a crematorium Garden of Remembrance, prior arrangements must be made with the relevant cemetery or crematorium manager. You are not permitted to carry out this function yourself as various laws and regulations must be adhered to and records completed as to the final disposal of the remains.
*Please note: Aside from assistance dogs, we do not allow dogs within the grounds or in the chapels*
For further information please contact us.
See fees and charges for cemetery and crematorium services.
For site maps and building plans and layout, please visit our getting here page.